The "latest news" was last updated on June 5 2013 with volunteers needed for Canada Day celebrations in Mill Woods.
Woodvale is a thriving community in the heart of Mill Woods. We are located around the Mill Woods Golf Course at 4540 - 50 Street. Our community is proud to have many great features, including:
- Woodvale Golf Clubhouse & Community Facility
- Stop by for a round of golf, grab a bite to eat in our restaurant or book an event with our wonderful catering & banquet facilities.
- Woodvale Playschool
- A fun-filled "Play-Based Learning Program" with a qualified teacher.
- Indoor Free Swim
- Starting on January 20, 2013, Woodvale Community League members can enjoy a free swim at the Mill Woods Recreation Centre on the 3rd and 4th Sundays of each month from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Outdoor Free Swim - Summer 2013
- Queen Elizabeth (Sunday through Wednesday, 5-7 PM, from May 23 to Sept 18)
- Oliver Pool (Sunday through Wednesday, 5-7 PM, from June 1 to Sept 2)
- Mill Creek (Sunday through Saturday, 7-9 PM, from May 23 to Sept 18; not available on Statutory Holidays)
- Fred Broadstock (Sunday through Wednesday, 5-7 PM, from May 23 to Sept 18)
- Except for guaranteed hours at Queen Elizabeth Outdoor Pool, pools will close for inclement weather or temperatures forecast below 18° C.
- Note: Community League Membership card required for entry
- Greenview Skating Rinks
- The Greenview Skating Rinks opened for the season on December 10 2012. Each skater must have a valid 2012 - 2013 Community League Membership skate token. Hours for use are: Monday to Thursday: 4 PM to 9 PM, Fridays: 4 PM to 10 PM, Saturdays: 12:30 PM to 10 PM, and Sundays: 12:30 PM to 6 PM. The rink is closed whenever the wind chill is colder than -20 C or the temperature is warmer than +2 C.