The "latest news" was last updated on November 7 2013 with the annual Woodvale New Years Eve Gala announcement.
Woodvale is a thriving community in the heart of Mill Woods. We are located around the Mill Woods Golf Course at 4540 - 50 Street. Our community is proud to have many great features, including:
- Woodvale Playschool
- A fun-filled "Play-Based Learning Program" with a qualified teacher.
- Indoor Free Swim
- We are booked to use the Mill Woods Rec Centre pool on the 3rd and 4th Sundays in October 2013 and November 2013 from 4:00 p.m. to 5:50 p.m.
- Beginning on November 30, 2013 and ending on January 18, 2014, we are booked to use the Terwillegar Community Recreation Centre pool, 2051 Leger Road NW, on every Saturday evening from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. We will be able to get into the change rooms at 4:45 p.m. The Mill Woods Recreation Centre pool will be closed for maintenance from November 26 to January 24.
- We will be back at the Mill Woods Rec Centre pool in February 2014 on the 3rd and 4th Sundays in that month.
- Greenview Skating Rinks
- The Greenview Skating Rinks opened for the season on December 10 2012. Each skater must have a valid 2012 - 2013 Community League Membership skate token. Hours for use are: Monday to Thursday: 4 PM to 9 PM, Fridays: 4 PM to 10 PM, Saturdays: 12:30 PM to 10 PM, and Sundays: 12:30 PM to 6 PM. The rink is closed whenever the wind chill is colder than -20 C or the temperature is warmer than +2 C.